Are you looking for charm, for a monument to live in, on a unique location! This is your place. This unique, light and furnished one-bedroom accommodation (60m2), divided over 3 floors, is located in the "Jordaan" at de Brouwersgracht, one of the most beautiful canals of Amsterdam.
This house has his own entrance and is overlooking both the canal and the famous Oranjebrug. This accommodation has the unique combination of being in the center of Amsterdam, within walking distance of restaurants, several supermarkets, organic food market, shopping streets, but still manages to be in a peaceful part of the city with a village like atmosphere.
Brouwersgracht is one of the most famous canals in Amsterdam. The magnificent canal houses were built mostly during the Dutch Golden Age. In 2007, readers of ‘Het Parool’, the best known newspaper of Amsterdam, voted Brouwersgracht as the most beautiful street in Amsterdam.
Brouwersgracht is situated in the Northwestern part of the Amsterdam city center, and in the Northern part of the Jordaan neighborhood. Brouwersgracht connects Singel and Singelgracht, two other famous canals in Amsterdam. Not surprisingly, Brouwersgracht (literal English translation: Brewerscanal) refers to the many breweries which were situated here during the Sixteenth and Seventeenth centuries. This resulted in the construction of many ‘pakhuizen’ (warehouses) for the storage of goods. Nowadays these warehouses are being used as homes,
Brouwersgracht, being one of Amsterdam’s most famous canals, is home to many beautiful canal houses. No less than 133 of those canal houses are official national heritage sites.
You enter in the open kitchen area with dinning table and doors opening on the front side of the house overlooking the canal.
Stairs towards the equipped kitchen.
On the second floor you have a cosy living room with lovely views on the canal. Toilet.
At the top, you find a bedroom with adjacent a bathroom with a bath and shower.
Good to know:
- 1 minute walk from the "Haarlemmerstraat/Haarlemmerdijk" one of the "best shopping street in Amsterdam
- 2 minutes walking to the "Lindengracht Market",every Saturday
- 4 minutes walking to the "Noordermarkt" which has a organic food market (Saturday) and vintage/antiques market (Monday)
- 5 minutes walking to the "Westerpark”, a spacious park where you can enjoy sport, go to the cinema, eat, drink or just relax.
- 10 minutes walking of Amsterdam Central Station with connections to train, metro, bus or tram. (Central Station to Schiphol Airport by train only 15 minutes)
- 12 minutes walking to the famous "9 Streets" where you can enjoy shopping in unique boutique shops.
- 15 minutes walking to "Dam Square"